Kiss

Kiss

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday thoughts

I have a birthday coming up.

A question for you all:
On my birthday I will be:
a) Flying to a private island and being looked after by young men young enough to be my grandsons,
b) Going out and raging till dawn then throwing up in the gutter on the way home,
c) Eating a huge dinner at an expensive restaurant,
d) Pretty much what I do most days.

I'm sure the answer is quite obvious.

I don't see the point in treating myself to a meal on my birthday : I can do that any day of the year. I don't see the point of buying myself something special for my birthday : I can that any day of the year. I don't have the money to do that anyway. I don't have a partner or children to treat me to expensive gifts or take me to lavish meals. I don't actually mind that much either. Unless I'm having a party, I don't expect others to remember the day.

The main point I'm trying to make is: its just another day.

I bought some new cake trays today. I might make some cake just to try them out. Or I may not. Whatever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's the tree falling in the forest scenario. If there is no-one around to celebrate with then will anyone notice?

We care, we are a way away but still care that you have another birthday, the other option is not nice.

:-)

I still think you should do something for yourself that you would normally not do to celebrate another year, mark the passing and generally because it would make you feel better anyway.